The controversial release of "vintage" T-shirts from Kendall + Kylie has finally been revoked. The official Kendall+kylie website has removed the controversial T-shirts carrying the portrait of Kendall and Kylie on pop icons Biggie and Pac. The social media posts related to the release of these T-shirts have been removed as well by the Kendall+Kylie brand. The recent backlash against the design of these T-shirts reached its crescendo when Notorious B. I. G. 's mom Voletta Wallace posted on Instagram saying:
"I am not sure who told @kyliejenner and @kendalljenner that they had the right to do this. The disrespect of these girls to not even reach out to me or anyone connected to the estate baffles me. I have no idea why they feel they can exploit the deaths of 2pac and my Son Christopher to sell a t-shirt. This is disrespectful, disgusting, and exploitation at its worst!!! "
The products were removed from the Kendall+Kylie website soon after. We can expect to get a statement from Jenner sisters over the recent controversy considering the strong backlash on Twitter after the recent release. Fans of hip hop icons Biggie and Tupac are calling this them "culture vultures" and the T-shirt design "disrespectful to the hip-hop culture"!
Tweets about Kendall+Kylie T-shirts contoversy:
- Kendall and Kylie are perfect examples of white people insisting to use black culture even though they don't respect it. Backlash hurts but "F*** your feeling".
- Long stressful day at work only to log onto twitter and see the black culture vultures Kendall and Kylie have struck again.
- So what gives the right to Kylie and Kendal putting they face in a shirt then put PAC and biggie wat the f*** they no about the culture smh.
- I'm gone need Kanye to pull himself up out that sunken place real quick and get his culture vulture kin folk together. "Kendall and Kylie".
- Kendall and Kylie are buckets of disease in their contributions to fashion and culture. Don't buy their shit anymore.
- I could never bring myself to buy anything from Kylie bc her industry come-up has had a lot to do with stealing from Black culture. Yikes.
The Kardashian-Jenner sisters are not new to controversy. Kylie has been criticized for her numerous plastic surgeries and lip fillers while Kendall has recently been criticized for appearing on Vogue India cover. Recently Kendall and Kylie Jenner came under fire because of their new collaboration for music themed T-shirt. The products endorsed by the sisters always sell out within moments and people live them. Kylie's beauty brand, Kylie cosmetics is a well-loved brand and her camo range from Kylie shop is also famous. But what's wrong with the T-shirt collection that it enraged fans?
- The T-shirts are all vintage music themed.
- The faces of Kendall and Kylie Jenner and the brand's logo have been printed over the shirt, upon its original artwork. The T-shirts originally consist of artwork faces of rap artists Tupac and Biggie, plus album art from Metallica, Pink Floyd, and more.
- Kylie's Instagram image and Kendall's face were printed over the artwork of these stars which is the main reason for all the controversy.
- The T-shirts are priced at $125 each.
- Fans say that they are overpriced and the huge pricing of the T-shirts is another reason why it is controversial.