MAC has a huge array of shades and varieties to offer in lipsticks and they are one of the best in the business. You are bound to find the perfect shade for yourself in the vast collection they have. The USP of all their products are its universal characteristics – they are creamy, well pigmented, smooth and long lasting.
One such lipstick is the MAC “Spirit”. This widely popular irresistible lipstick has many upsides and is a sure shot show stealer at any social gathering subtlety being the key of course!
All about it
MAC describes this lipstick as a “muted pinky-beige brown” and the best part about it is that it’s a beautiful blend of the matte and creamy finish. This one is from their permanent collection of Satins which is one of their most popular ranges because it offers a wide variety of colors. The texture of this lipstick is super smooth too which gives the lips a great look. It’s a lovely matte color with a pinkish brown undertone and is a nude which is very much advisable for daily wear. Some of its ingredients are jojoba oil, beeswax, silica, sesame oil, castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, candelilla wax, tocopherol, carnauba wax, ozokerite, vanillin among others. It’s priced at $17 and can be bought from here.
What kind of skin tone does it suit?
The M. A. C Spirit lip color is good for people with medium tone to dark tone complexion because it is a relatively dark shade which is why it may not look great on people with very light complexion. It will also look great on those with warm golden skin or on anyone with a yellow based skin tone.
Instructions and Makeup Tips:
1. The prepping stage – This is the important bit. To make sure your lips aren’t dry, keep them well moisturized from before by applying lip balm or lip oils. MAC’s candied nectar lip scrub can also be used – it effectively moisturizes and exfoliates.
2. The makeup – For the eyes, go for dark outer corners, preferably black (dark brown would also do) and blend it well with gold (all soft of gold shades) and silver for the inside corners of the lids. Wear cat liner preferably (any other shape will also look good) and some gold highlighter for your cheekbones. Use some orange or light terracotta blush on to seal the deal. Just remember to use all warm and golden shades for this one and you’re ready to rock!
Here are some of the Pros and Cons of the product
• Has a smooth creamy texture because of a satin finish
• It is extremely long lasting (lasts up to 4 hours)
• Has high pigmentation
• It is the perfect shade for someone with a medium skin tone
• Hides marks lines and pigmentation on the lips very effectively
• Keep the lips smooth and supple
• Has a lovely vanilla like fragrance
• It’s one of the best nude shades
• May wash you out if worn on its own
• Needs a lip liner or a near shade of lip gloss for accompaniment
• Accentuates the lip line a little too much