The HoneyLove lipstick is another wonder from the range of nude lip shades by M. A. C cosmetics. It’s a classic light pinkish shade of nude and is a very commonly used lipstick by beauty bloggers, fashionistas, celebrities and different makeup enthusiasts of the world. It is priced at $17 and is available at any MAC store near you. You can also buy it from the mac cosmetics website. It is one of their most successful lipsticks internationally because of its many amazing characteristics.
Read on to know more.
What is the lipstick all about?
This extremely flattering product is a summer nude based matte lipstick and glides very smoothly on the lips. After application, it gives a good matte finish and barely transfers giving you a lasting impressionable look for a long while. The lipstick stays as it is for almost 5-6 hours without getting even a little bit patchy. It also prevents the lips from further drying up which is a rare quality in lipsticks. Although, this lipstick isn’t all that versatile so to say.
What kind of skin tone does it suit?
The M. A. C HoneyLove lipstick suits best on people with lighter complexion – it has that bright cool tone to it which means it is not advisable for use in case of dark complexions. People with medium tone complexion with bright sheer skin and brown eyeballs can also try this lipstick – it will look good on them.
Pointers and makeup tips:
1. The prepping stage – This is the important bit. To make sure your lips aren’t dry, keep them well moisturized from before by applying lip balm or lip oils. MAC’s sugar lip scrub can also be used – it effectively moisturizes and exfoliates.
2. The makeup – Mix brown and black eyeshadows and apply on the entire eyelid for the total all black smokey eye look. Keep the lashes heavy (which is a must) and wear false eyelashes if necessary. Add sufficient mascara to the under eye lashes also as it gives a whole lot of volume to the eyes and the overall look. Contour the cheeks with peach pink or light pink blusher. Remember to use some highlighter – could be silver or bronze (not too golden-ish). Always apply a bit of lip liner before applying this – gives a fine touch. You can also just rub a little bit of it with your fingers or cotton and mix it with the M. A. C Taupe lipstick which brings out a unique shade and isn’t OTT at all!
Pros and Cons of the product:
• MLBB nude with pale pink undertones
• Has a matte finish
• Does not transfer and stays intact
• Lasts long (up to 5-6 hours) without getting smudged
• Settles perfectly on the lips
• Easy to apply; smooth texture
• Apt nude for pale/cool fair skin tones
• It doesn’t moisturize the lips at all
• Lacks versatility
• Doesn’t work well on chapped lips
• Turn flaky after about 5 hours
• Isn’t suited for the Indian skin tone type
• It’s a tad overpriced for what it offers