Kylie cosmetics had not come out with some new products in quite some time so fans were eagerly awaiting for a new product announcement from their favourite lipkit brand. So everyone received a pleasant surprise when 3 new lipkits were announced in fall 17. The lipkits were released on September 15th and here we are to review a pretty peachy pink shade called Penelope.
What is the shade and texture of Penelope like?
- This is a warm toned color which gives more of a spring blossom feel than Autumn maple leaves but nevertheless it is a really pretty shade and we love it.
- It has rosy, peachy undertones.
- The young color can be worn by teens and mature ladies alike and the matte lipkit leaves you looking gorgeous with crack free and non drying texture.
- It does not fade and stays really long even with eating and drinking.
How to wear the Penelope lipkit?
- Since it a matte liquid lipstick, prepping the lips is absolutely essential.
- Use a lipscrub to exfoliate. Body shop lipscuff is a great option here.
- After you exfoliate, make sure to use a lipbalm to moisturise.
- Blot off the excess and line and fill in your lips with the lippencil.
- Carefully apply the liquid lipstick within the lines.
Where to buy Penelope from?
You can buy Penelope lipkit from the Kylie cosmetics official website. It retails for $29.
Pros of Penelope:
- It looks great on every age.
- It is a light and flattering color which can be worn to school or work.
- It does not dry out lips.
- It stays really long.
- Reasonably well priced.
Cons of Penelope:
- Might look washed out on very dark skintones.
- Availability of the lipkits is a problem since the lipkits are almost always sold out on website.