1. Fights signs of Aging: The nutrients of the oil penetrate deeply into the skin. The oil helps in promoting the production of elastin and collagen to help skin look youthful. It reduces the problem of wrinkles, fine lines and makes the skin smooth and younger.
How to use to prevent signs of aging?
- Wash your face clean and pat it dry. Take few drops of castor oil in your palm and massage your face gently for some time.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash off the next morning. In the morning itself you will notice the change in your skin.
2. Nourishes dry skin: The oil is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. It has the power to penetrate deep into the skin and treat dry and flaky skin problem. Due to the high concentration of fatty acids, it helps in promoting healthy and glowing skin like the condition of dermatitis, which is responsible for the dry and rough skin.
How to use castor oil on dry skin?
- Make a mixture by mixing equal amounts of castor and coconut oil.
- Massage it into the areas where the dry skin persists. Keep it for 3omins and then wash it off.
- Repeat this on a daily basis.
3. Reduces Acne: People who have acne prone skin have the trouble of clog pores. Often people who have the problem of acne tend to avoid oily lotions and oils on the skin. Castor oil is one such oil that has proved to be beneficial for curing acne. It has ricinoleic acid that fights off the bacteria that ultimately causes the acne. It penetrates into the skin layers. It is an amazing remedy for curing acne.
How to use castor oil to reduce acne?
- Wash face clean and pat dry. If you do it on a dirty face then the pores will get clogged.
- Take few drops of the oil and massage your face in circular motion.
- Keep it overnight. Wash off with cold water the next morning.
4. Reduces pigmentation: Castor oil is very effective for the skin as well. It is often recommended by dermatologists for skin problems. It is effective and has the power to treat pigmentation, uneven skin tone and dark spots. It works great on the discolored and dry skin. Due to the presence of fatty acids, especially the Omega-3 fatty acids, it helps in hydrating the skin and also stimulates the growth of tissues. This gives the skin a blemish-free look.
How to use castor oil to get an even toned skin?
- Make a face mask with castor oil and a little bit of turmeric. Make a smooth paste and apply it on the face. Leave it to dry for an hour or so. Wash off with cold water. Repeat this 3 times a week.
- You can also blend a mixture with few drops of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply the paste on your face. Keep it for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Repeat this step regularly for best results.
- This will give you a glowing skin as well.
5. Prevents stretch marks: Stretch marks are a problem that arises during the time of pregnancy when the skin stretches. The skin loses the moisture and dries up as it loses the elasticity. The fatty acid in Castor oil helps to retain the moisture and maintain the elasticity. It helps to regenerate the tissues. This helps to improve the strength and texture of the skin.
Stretch marks can also appear on thighs and breasts due to fat. Castor oil can be applied on those areas as well.
How to use castor oil on stretch marks?
- Take few drops of the oil in your hand and massage the areas with stretch marks for at least 10minutes.
- Use a plastic wrap to cover up those areas.
- For 10 to 20 minutes use a heating pad on that area.
- Repeat it on a daily basis at least once.
6. Heals inflamed skin: Castor oil is a natural product and hence it does not have any side effects on the skin like other chemical products. It is synthetic-free. It increases the circulation of blood and blood flow and helps fight infections and cure wounds. It works like a natural antibacterial agent, removes cellular- related toxins. All these lower the level of swelling and treats the root cause of most diseases.
How to use castor oil to treat inflammation?
- All you will need is a teaspoon of castor oil and cotton ball. Pour one teaspoon castor oil in a bowl; with the help of cotton ball apply it on the inflamed skin. Keep it for an hour and then wash off.
7. Softens Calluses: The oil is enriched with such nutrients that make it an excellent moisturizer. This helps to soften calluses. It also treats rough and rough skin. It not only restores the moisture but also adds softness to the skin.
It is useful for curing dry and cracked heels. Due to its anti-inflammatory property, it helps to eliminate pain and swelling if any.
How to use castor oil to soften skin?
- Take a warm water tub and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
- Use a pumice stone to get rid of dry or hardened skin.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Take an amount of castor oil in a bowl; with the help of a cotton ball apply the oil over the callus.
- Secure the oiled soaked cotton ball in place with the help of a tape for few hours.
- Repeat daily.